Turbo Magazine Project SE-R

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 12:28:55 -0500

My gear set has nearly the stock gear ratios, close
enough so that I can call it just about stock.

The trouble is that a turbo motor and a NA motor need
very different ratios.

A NA motor likes a close ratio box with a
significantly higher first gear, a much lower, like
4.40 final drive and an almost 1:1 fifth.  This also
sucks on the street!

A turbo car would like a stock 4.10 ish final drive a
longer first, less gap between 2-3 and a higher 5th.
Two very different requirments.

Also PAR needs to maintain a certain tooth count to be
able to use their super tooth profile and to reduce
gear spreading.

Unless we want to screw around and experiment, I
suggest we run what PAR makes and sells because no one
really has the resourses to mess around, test,
re-engineer and second guess PAR.

Unless you guys truly race your SE-R in Quick Class or
Hotrod class, or race in bucks road racing, I suggest
you just keep PAR's standard ratios for this deal.

Mike