Turbo Magazine Project SE-R

Jack Ray rjrjack@knology.net
Tue, 20 May 2003 08:35:21 -0500

Ray Kawski wrote:
> For reference the PAR gears cost about $2000-$3000.  New stock gears and
  new input shaft will cost you about $800.  Throw onto that another
  $125 or so for shot ----- in any case your probably out
  $1500 once your said and done for gears that *MAY* break.

> RK
> Will be putting himself on the group deal list for
> the PAR gears.

Ray -- you're answering some of the questions I had in my mind but had
not yet put to 'paper'.

When you mention group deal, are you talking about PAR constant-mesh
straight cut gears, or the 'synchro' set Mike mentioned in an earlier email?

Mike makes it obvious that there is a good bit of cost (parts, labor and
other time)
involved in strenghening the transmission.  I also would prefer to spend
more and
get a truly strong transmission.  I would be very interested in a group deal
on a
'synchro' set of gears.

And, what's the minimum count to constitute a 'group' ?  =:^)...

Mike - does your set have the same gear ratios as the stock transmission ?
Would
a NA or turbo SE-R benefit from a higher (numerically lower) first gear
ratio?  From
other gear ratio mods ?  I'd kinda like to drop the revs a little more in
5th.

Jack Ray
94 SE-R