Turbo Magazine Project SE-R

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Mon, 19 May 2003 23:00:46 -0500

mike kojima wrote:

> The rules for a long tranny life are, start with new
> gears, cryotreat them, polish the crowns of the teeth

For reference the PAR gears cost about $2000-$3000.  New stock gears and
new input shaft will cost you about $800.  Throw onto that another
$125 or so for shot peening and chryo treatment.  Your at $1000
now add the cost of having someone install all that if your not
mechanical enough to play inside the tranny case.  I myself
don't feel comfortable inside a tranny.  Give me some CAMS or
a head gakset over that any day.  In any case your probably out
$1500 once your said and done for gears that *MAY* break.

RK
Will be putting himself on the group deal list for
the PAR gears.
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo, 1991 NX 2000, 348K mile 1991 Sentra SE-R