Spec-V feedback

Lee Koloszyc nx2kracer@hotmail.com
Thu, 15 May 2003 06:42:53 -0500

Well I have a 2002 and one of the first ones sold in NJ.  I have not had a
single problem with it and I only took it back to the dealership once for an
alignment (it wasn't right from the factory).  I have had it out on VIR and
it was a blast, a lot of fun.  The stock tires are crap, though they last
fairly long.  The rims bend fairly easily and the 02's burned oil for the
first 17,000 or so miles.  I checked it at every fill up and now with 28,000
on mine, it doesn't burn a drop.  The paint is fairly weak and chips easily
and there is a class action suit that is ramping up against Nissan for false
advertising of "diamond quality paint".  I do have an excessive number of
chips.
Other then the paint I am very happy with the car, it is holding up well and
I run it to the redline constantly (almost impossible not to redline first
and second...hehehe). It is convenient having 4 doors and it has the get up
and go in almost any gear for merging onto highways. It has very few rattles
and the ones in the door were probably caused by my speaker install.  The
only other one I have is with the sunroof, which can be fixed with the
volume knob.

Lee