Yokohama ES-100

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 14 May 2003 08:58:14 -0500

Mark wrote:

>P.S. Actually, the cost difference is huge. I'd save anywhere between $120
>to $200 in price... put that savings towards a set of better wheels.

Excellent idea - especially since tires are consumables and wheels are not
supposed to be.  Just make sure whatever wheels you get will stand up to
the real world or they will become consumables as well.  I have 4 16x7 BBS
RX wheels for my SE-R that are bent more than a Saturday night hobby stock
dirt racer.  It's going to cost me $500 to repair them and if I drive a lot
with the car (not likely), they'd just get bent all to hell again.

IMHO if you are not using your wheels in competition, weight is not *that*
big a deal.  For the most part you won't know the difference in daily
driving.  So buy wheels you like, think are attractive, and will enjoy
having on the car for years to come.

George Roffe