Brake Problems

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Tue, 13 May 2003 16:39:21 -0500

>(ad22vf) began getting a little sticky
>so I replaced it with a reman'd one
>a leak had developed

I did an ad22vf install a few weekends ago, and found the same thing.
Before it left the garage, though. :) In my case the flat spot on the
caliper that the crush washer pushes up against was not flat. In order
to repair the issue I had to take a hand file and file down about 1/16"
in order to get a nice flat spot for the crush washer to sit on. Works
great now.

Also, the little bracket that the brake line fits into wasn't large
enough (not enough of a spread) and had to be filed on both calipers.
These were "new" remans from Advance Auto. Strange, but for the price
you can't really complain.

>did I damage the mc by draining it with a leak while driving?

Leak isn't the real issue, bottoming out an older MC over and over again
can take out the seal. I see it happen all the time.

-Jay
Works on too many cars