dirty car

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Fri, 9 May 2003 15:34:09 -0500

At 03:24 PM 5/9/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>That looks amazing!  It looks like a factory quality finish!

Much *better* actually  :)   The depth and wet look is incredible!  I have
not seen ANY aftermarket or OEM wheels with this great a finish.  I was
going to clear coat them, too.  But they came out so awesome, I decided it
wasn't worth it.

I need to get a pic' of the backside, too.  It's really cool how the
sprayer's high voltage pulls the powder into tight spaces.  The NV wheels
have deep pockets on the back of the spokes, but got in there with hardly
any effort.

>It should be good for doing valve covers, too.

I've heard of a lot of guys doing it.  But I worry about subjecting the
rubber seals on the underside to the heat.  Plus getting any abrasive
lodged in that could wind up in the oil.

>One thing though, aren't you spending too much time powercoating
>stuff and not enough time washing your car? ;-)
>http://www.xxiii.com/wcox/powder_coat_NX_wheel/pc%20wheel%20garage.jpg

Haha!  That's the wrecked SE-R parts car.  It spent most of a year sitting
"down in the holler' " at my place, where (sadly) it suffered a lot of
moisture damage and got very
muddy:  http://www.xxiii.com/wcox/se-r/junkyard%202.jpg

    -Wayne  91 NK2k,  93 NX2k,  92 SE-R-Parts-Car