wheel refinishing - powder coating rocks!

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Fri, 9 May 2003 15:09:00 -0500

At 02:50 PM 5/9/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> > NX2k wheels.  I got my 1st one done, and the finish is AMAZING!

>That looks awesome!  How much did the powercoat equip cost?  You
>Should start up a mini-business :)

Bought it from Columbia Coatings:   http://www.columbiacoatings.com  It's
the same one Harbor Freight sells, but CC has it cheaper.  The basic kit
(gun & hi-v power supply) is $70, I got the $136 "deluxe kit" plus a powder
sampler-pack and 2lbs of "wheel silver" powder.

Already had an air compressor (the powder gun has very modest air
requirements) and bought a used in-wall kitchen over for $40.

This is a really good article on auto applications:
http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/PowderCoating/powder_coating_equipment.htm

-Wayne Cox
     Twenty Three --  Information Technology Consulting
     828-685-2338