G20 elect ?s

Carlos Gutierrez cgutierrez@ci.glendora.ca.us
Fri, 9 May 2003 11:41:19 -0500

The '96 P10 I just bought had the rattiest looking OE battery from like
'96.  So I just R&R'd w/ a new Optima red top, & now the damn thing is
draining somehow, WTF?!

So I decided to try deactivating the OEM security system, as I've heard
these sometimes are the culprit.  The 10 AMP fuse also is the dome
light, the radio (crap!) & the airbag light came on.

I drove it to work today (52 mi. 1 way) after jumping it,  & it's
charging OK (~14 v at idle) but when I shut it off & measure the voltage
(~12.80) the meter clicks off ~.01 every 10 seconds or so.  I will be
heading out again at lunch to see what the voltage is at, but at least
that fuse is out & the drain is slower.

Argh!  Any P10 owners out there have anything similar happen, or maybe
the battery is defective?  A while back I bought 2 other Red Tops, & one
was dead straight from the parts store.  Any help is appreciated, TIA!

CAG