Crank Position Sensor

Steve Baune sbaune@attbi.com
Thu, 8 May 2003 00:04:34 -0500

Jon Pennington wrote:

According to Mike Kojima, Fidanza fixed the problem.  Call Jason back
and make him buy you a new flywheel that has been updated for the CPS
problem fixes.

I received an email from Fidanza today, here is a portion of the email:

It is only two years that this model uses a different
ring gear.  The only difference is a small bevel that the sensor must
trigger off of.  90% of the cars won't need the factory ring gear and
will be able to use the Honda ring gear.  We will use two different
part numbers now split up by the years.  This won't change the cost of
our flywheel.  A future purchase would though because the factory ring
cost $85.00 compared to the Honda ring gear that cost $12.00.

They said they would take care of mine for me, the only thing that sucks
is I have to pull and send it to them. I think this answers the CPS
sensor issue, I want to thank everyone for there input and suggestions.

Thanks again,
Steve Baune