Offsets

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 6 May 2003 22:35:40 -0500

Thanks, Frank and Wayne. On the one hand, when I plug in the numbers into
the calculator that Frank provided, the inside wheel/tire difference is
about .8 inch difference. Doesn't seem like that much until you realize that
there is only about 3/8 inch to play with. My problem is that it looks like
I'm choosing too big of a wheel and tire... 15x7 with 205/50/15.

This is getting really frustrating. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow when I
get home from work... measuring the damn gap that exists now between my
current(OEM) wheels and tires and the struts/springs.

Dammit, there had better be enough room. Lots of Classic owners and NX2000
owners run the 15x7 with 205/50/15 combo... it fits for them, doesn't it?
Maybe it's because I have the stock suspension and they have an aftermarket
w/more room?

Wayne, I'd forgotten how small a mm was in inches. The difference between 38
and 40 really isn't anything to worry about. Glad you were awake, I'm
obviously not.

Well, believe it or not, it's my birthday and after the party, what have I
been doing? More research and more questions. I'd laugh but it's kind of
sad. Nah, I'm just a perfectionist who doesn't know when to stop. Plus,
doing the research is half the fun... gotta keep telling myself that.

Thanks again,

Mark(where's my damn social security check?)