PAR Gearset looks to be good

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Tue, 6 May 2003 19:08:00 -0500

I inspected the gears of my PAR gearset today after
running the car hard at the track. The gearset stood
up to 3 twenty minute sessions at the track running 20
psi of boost.  20 psi will destroy a stock tranny even
if its been cryo and shotpeened in less than one
session on a road course. A stock tranny run this hard
will show severe fretting of third gear as well. Road
racing is harder than drag racing on a Nissan tranny
because you spend so much time in the weak 3rd gear.

Third gear of the PAR gearset looked absolutly new,
certainly no worse that any of the other gears with
just a slight burnishing.

The only wear was the slight intial rounding off of
the edges of the dogs which is normal for a constant
mesh tranny.

I am pretty confident that this gearset is going to
solve the weak third gear problem for good.

PAR's web sight is www.par-engineering.com

Mike