Compression test?

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Tue, 6 May 2003 17:08:16 -0500

Javier Vieto C. said:

> I'm buying a 93 SE-R with 80 k miles on it... Can anyone tell me what
> kind of compression be reasonable to expect?

It would seem that the FSM-certified method would yeild higher pressures
(170+ PSI) than the "standard" method that he's probably using.  More
important than that, I think (and I'm a monkey), is that the cylinders are
within 5-7% of each other, regardless of the method used.  I realize that
you're probably under time constraints, but you might try hitting the
archives for compression test tips...

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stew my foot and call me Susan!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |