Wheel package & ?'s

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 21:36:12 -0500

I picked the tire I want, finally. Despite the great deal on the Toyo
195/50/15 at online.com, I'm not going to get those. I have since read,
after huge amounts of research, that these are old tires, more than a year
old. And despite the great deal on the S-03 195/50/15 at tirerack.com, for
various niggling reasons, I won't go for those either. I will be getting the
Toyo T1-S 205/50/15. I have 2 sources to get them from. One is offering
$112/tire and no shipping charge. The other, a local enthusiast, believes he
can beat that price. So it's wait and see, at least for a couple of days.
He's also checking on a special price for the Rota Slipstreams and the
Centerline Impulse.

But, here's the fun part. I've changed my mind... after seeing the Axis
Mag-lite for the 1st time, I keep coming back to them. I've emailed 2
distributors to please verify the weight and fitment for my car('91
Classic).

I have a completely unmodified car, well, other than the motor mounts. And,
I'm probably not going to do much with it hp wise... that itch just seems to
grow and grow once you start. So, I think whatever unsprung weight I can
save, will help. Maybe not a great deal but enough to be noticeable. Am I
going to go crazy with this anymore, No!

If by the next couple of days, I can't find or get the information I'd like.
I'll just buy the Rotas from one place and the T1-S's from another. It's not
like they're a bad choice.

Soon, it will be over, and later, I'll laugh my ass off every time I think
of how much effort I put in just to get my original choices.

Later,
Mark