Crank Position Sensor - Update

Steve Baune sbaune@attbi.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 14:32:26 -0500

Since posting last, I have moved the CPS closer to the Fidanza flywheel.
The measurements I took are from the outside of the hole to the
flywheel, the first measurement was 43.4mm. I checked my G20 with the
stock flywheel and it was 42.4mm, a 1 mm difference. I filed down the
opening to 42.4mm the same as the G20 and it still gave the check engine
light for CPS. I thought it was maybe still to far away so I took it to
41.95mm, I thought that this would be almost touching the flywheel, when
I started the car I could hear a ticking, the sensor was hitting the
flywheel. I put a 1mm spacer in, so I know I'm about 1mm from the
flywheel, I will be experimenting with different thickness spacers to
hopefully find a position that works.

One of the posts on this topic from Eric Waterman, said to put a
resistor in place of the sensor. My question is how many Ohm's should
the resistor be?

Steve Baune