engine sounds terrible

? grailer@yifan.net
Mon, 5 May 2003 12:48:03 -0500

"Jason Nicholson" <jasonsnicholson@yahoo.com> wrote:

  > Yes, there is a crack in the header at that spot...
  > sound that concerns me is coming from the rear of the
  > engine.

The sound may be an echo from that leak... It's hard to troubleshoot when you
have a number of things out of whack. Try welding that crack closed first, then
continue with your troubleshooting. Not only will the crack contribute to the
noise you're hearing under the hood, it can also affect the running of the
engine since the exhaust sensor will be getting a reading that may be high in
oxygen due to the leak.

Carson M. Hanrahan                        '91 Classic w/the usual stuff
"It is better to go into a corner slow and come out fast than to go
into a corner fast and come out dead" - Stirling Moss