Wheel package & ?'s.

Matt MA MA@legacypartners.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 10:48:38 -0500

>>> "geo3@earthlink.net" <geo3@earthlink.net> 05/04/03 07:10AM >>>
>Unless you're racing, why do you need ultralight wheels anyway?  Yes, I
>know about unsprung weight, but come on, I think people go overboard on
>wheel weights for road wheels.

I totally agree with George on this. Unless you are serious about competing in
your
dedicated race car, then you will probably not notice much of a difference in
whatever wheel you choose for your street car. The biggest handling upgrade
is not the wheel itself, but the tires. In order to maximize your tire's
performance,
upgrade your stock wheels to a wider width, such as to 7" wide. Don't pay
more than you are comfortable, because it is easier than you might think to
bend your wheel, or scratch them on a curb, or have the clear coat start
peeling off, etc... I have seen Enkei, Fittipaldi, and even Volk TE37s get
bent
or busted. Have realistic expectations: street wheels will get abused so
they will not stay in new condition forever.

matt ma . 92 SE-R