Wheel package & ?'s.

sentras@tampabay.rr.com sentras@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 4 May 2003 14:33:16 -0500

    I looked at the panasports and I would buy those if I were looking for
wheels only for the track. I also have been following the thread that Mark and
Frank have been actively discussing wheels and options. That's what turned me
away from the Heliums. Another resource that I have been using with lots of luck
is the MiataForum.com. There's a lot of info on there. I would like to stay away
from a five or six spoke pattern due to every other wheel out there has that
look. That's particularly why I have my eye set on the Superleggeras. You don't
see them everywhere. I'm just worried mainly about the strength, I don't need to
spend all this money and then they bend/warp from highway driving. Finally, if I
had the money, I would buy bronze TE-37's. Only problem is that I have to stay
under $201 per wheel.

BTW, I'm not looking for an ultra-light wheel, just one noticeably lighter than
stock. If that wasn't the case, I'd just keep the stock wheels. Also, is it true
that a wheel upgrade is one of the most noticeable upgrade, handling-wise?

Kovacs