bouncing, but improving

Frank Ewald frank_ewald@sympatico.ca
Sat, 3 May 2003 17:46:16 -0500

Thanks Ray, Bob and Mike for the suggestions.
Before getting your responses I'd already raised it .5" and will raise
it another .5" today so it will only be lowered 1" from stock.
Re-alignment will be done early next week. Ride has improved
dramatically. Both front and read AGXs are set at one, I'll experiement
with firmer settings this week.  It takes me a lot longer to go from A
to B as I'm taking every corner I can find!

Bump stops are new. They came with the rubber kit I purchased from KYB,
so I'm assuming they're not Koni. I'll admit I don't know what the
spring rates are. That seems to be very personal, as I've seen a wide
range of rates recommended on the list. I let my mechanic order what he
thought was best.

My wheels arrived - Motegi Racing RT5.  They fit my budget and I'm
pleased with the looks.   I've put Hankook K102 Ventus 195/50/15's on.
So far I'm pleased with handling. I They fit the car well.  Now that
the bouncing is gone, I have a shudder at about 115 kph (70 mph) that I
didn't have with the stock wheels - I'll get the alignment/balance
checked and see if that fixes it.
Thanks,
Frank