Brake Rotors

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 3 May 2003 15:09:43 -0500

Wayne, don't think of it as a being a bearer of bad news... think of it as
informative news.

Anyway, I went to look for rotors at a couple of different places. Nobody
had more than 1 rotor of each different brand. So, decided to leave the
rotor replacement for another day.

But, I pulled the front driverside rotor off anyway to inspect it  and
inspect the brake pads... wanted to check and see if they were seated ok.
The rotor looks great, looks brand new... no gouges, scores or obvious
problems. Pads were in great condition, also. Reassembled everything and
guess what... the grinding sound/vibration went away. Go figure, I'll drive
around for the week and see how it goes.

I think I might have a halfshaft problem, though. I seem to remember reading
either here or on one of the forums about some one who had a similar problem
as mine... between 50 and 60 mph in 4th gear, the car vibrates a bit more
and sounds like it's working harder. After 60 mph, the vibrating stops, and
the sound goes away.

Anyway, at least now, I know how to pull the rotors and replace the brake
pads. It's always good to learn something new... especially w/o breaking
anything else.

Of course, next week I'll probably start complaining about my rotors again.
I think I'll start looking for the Brembo's ahead of time;)

Later,
Mark