mixing brake pad types

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Thu, 1 May 2003 20:21:37 -0500

OEM pads suck ass... I got like 43K miles out of my OE pads- made in JAPAN,
now I got some "OEM" Nissan pads - NOT KEY value pads- lasted me like 10K
miles- about 3 months. I got some Hawk street/track pads and they rock ! I
used to get MAAAD shimmy on the highway when stopping from anything above
100MPH- wheel would shake and I would loose brakes-green fade. Now with the
Hawks, the wheel is smoooth as butter even if I hit the brakes at 150MPH,
the downside is they dust my wheels pretty bad. It takes 3 days for my
silver wheels to get black- with little breaking too, I do alot of highway
driving.
Mike Jez
93 SE-R w/113K miles on the body.
01 Max 5spd with 60K+ miles bought with 2 miles on it in June of 01.