New Guy intro

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Thu, 1 May 2003 10:05:34 -0500

At 09:27 AM 5/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>...newest toy is a blue 93 NX2000  ...  (it was a steal!!)

Just curious - how much did you give for it?

>Will need a B pipe and muffler.  In fact a whole cat back system.  I know
>there are many
>bolt-on systems for the SE-Rs but I have not seen any for the NX2000.

I've never found any.  The B-pipe is identical with the SE-R's.  I have a
Courtesy Nissan stainless steel 2.5" pipe with a stock muffler on
mine.  I've heard of some guys  using SE-R setups, and hacking the pipe
section attached to the muffler to fit.

>Dampers, AGX with Eibach Pro-Kit springs.

The pro-kits suck!  You can have the ones off my SE-R parts car, if you
want to expend the labor to extract them!  They'll be going to the junkyard
with it, soon I suspect.

The B13s have very limited suspension travel.  The PKs lower the car too
much, and are too soft, so you end up bottoming out the suspension all the
time.  My stock NX2k handles better then my SE-R did with them.  The high
dollar problematic setup is coilovers.  For cheap, the 2nd-gen Hyperco
springs lower it 1.0" and are 300f/200r lb/in.

    -Wayne  91 NK2k,  93 NX2k,  92 SE-R-Parts-Car