Toyo .vs. Potenza

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 06:24:37 -0500

Yep, John, the S-03 is no longer the front runner. I'm actually trying to
find the "best" deal I can on the Toyo T1-S in 205/50/15. I did a ton of
more research and found that the Toyo handles pretty much the same as the
Potenza, but... the Toyo weighs significantly less than the Potenza. The
Toyo in 205's actually weighs a little more than 2.5 lb.s less than the
Potenza in 195's. Since I'm trying to reduce the rotating weight, have
already picked out the wheels, why negate that advantage by running the
Potenzas. I suppose if I had much more power(I'm completely stock... except
for motormounts), it wouldn't make as much difference.

If I can't find a great deal on the Toyo 205 size, I've found an awesome
deal on the 195's. I'm giving myself till the end of this week.

I'd heard that tirerack does that. I'm not sure why everyone recommends the
195 or 205/50/15 if there is a load/fitment problem. But, since that's what
everybody has recommended for the 15" wheels, that's what I'll get. I can't
see trying to find a great deal on such an odd size. I don't think tirerack
understands what a small car the Classics are or maybe they're just being
too anal.

The search goes on...

Later,
Mark