Engine vs. drivetrain removal?

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:40:03 -0500

--- Tim Rogers <timrogers@charter.net> wrote:

> > it be easier to just undo the motor mounts, rear
> > subframe & struts and drop the whole thing out the
> bottom so that I can have somewhat easy access to

When you say subframe are you talking the cross member
or the suspension subframe.  If the latter that would be a pain
since you would have to remove the control arms to get to the bolts
holding the subframe on plus you have to unhook the sway bar and the
steering rack from the hubs.  Probably more trouble then its worth.

RK
Actually talked to a mechanic at a salvage yard today about
this because my SE-R has a clunk I haven't been able to track down.
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo, 1991 NX 2000, 347K mile 1991 Sentra SE-R