Toyo .vs. Potenza

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 16:10:41 -0500

 I realize y'all are probably getting tired of the same or similar
questions... but, please bear with me.

I've narrowed down my wheel search... actually, I've just got sooooo tire of
looking, I'm just going to pick one of my choices and live with it.

I was going to get Potenza S0-3's(195/50/15) slapped on them and
tirerack.com has a great sale on them for $79. They are 220 treadware, and
AA A for traction and temperature. They also seem to be one of the best
tires out there for performance in dry and wet.

Now, I've read some about the Toyo T1-S, but haven't found nearly the amount
of info on them that I have on the S0-3. Onlinetires.com has a special on
them for $59. These are also 195/50/15, treadware 280 and AA A for traction
and temp. I have found that they're supposed to handle very well in the dry,
but have read nothing on wet performance, which is one of the reasons I had
decided on the S-03.

If the Toyo's are as good or close to as good as the S0-3's, then I could
save $80 and use that extra money to either upgrade my wheels(OZ, Volks,
Axis Mag-lite rather than the Rota's... not that the Slipstream is a bad
choice). Or the $80 would buy a months worth of diapers;).

So, any experience, feedback, opinions, or even questions you care to share
would be appreciated. I think I've overdosed on looking but will not make a
rash choice just to have it finished.

Thanks,
Mark