Fastbrakes kit help!

Hammer Down hammer_down@hotmail.com
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 13:39:59 -0500

You want a high performance STREET pad compound.  Do not try and drive on
the street, daily, with pads meant for the track (which sound like what you
have).  They will not work properly.  They are squealing because the are
hard as hell and have to get up to a certain temperature before they start
working correctly.  Usually, 99% of all people will never be able to get
them up to temperature in normal driving.  Track driving is a LOT more
demanding on brake than sane street driving ever will be.  Get a set of
street compound pads and then change them out with the harder pads when you
go to the track.

Erik Halvorson
Former SE-R (DET) owner
Now awaiting the arrival of my 740 Turbo wagon...  "Help, IPD..."

You wrote:

Well the pads are squeaking bad, and it sounds like
they are grinding badly on the rotor...

The mechanic that installed them for me said that I
need to get softer pads, and that I shouldn't drive my
car until I do!