External battery kill switch placement.

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:37:33 -0500

At 10:24 PM 4/25/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>but wiring the kill switch into the coil signal seems to me like the most
>sure-fire way to kill the car when you want or need to.

That would certainly kill the engine.  But for what they're trying to
accomplish, you really need to kill *everything*.  Esp the fuel pump!  If
you have an engine compartment fire, you definitely don't want the fuel
pump spraying gas all over the place!  [ever see the pix of Larry's charred
NX?:( ]  Or even if the car isn't on fire, but there is gas spilled, any
electrical spark or switch could potentially ignite it.  It's a big safety
issue for both the driver and the safety / corner workers.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '92 SE-R parts car