Leaking trunk

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 19:38:29 -0500

At 06:21 PM 4/23/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Used some Goop Off to clean some of the stray black sticky stuff,

Man, that stuff is nasty.  I just pulled a tail light out of my B13 SE-R,
and had a tough time getting it off my hands & tools.  Tried brake cleaner,
throttle body cleaner, straight acetone, and WD40.  The WD40 was best, but
not great.

Is there some magic solvent to cut that crap?  What's this Goop Off?

>Wonder why the manufacturer doesn't use RTV? You should have went to an
>autoparts supply store and bought some more dum dum (the black gooey stuff)

Yup!  I was cursing it, but had they siliconed it in, it would be nearly
impossible to remove intact.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '92 SE-R parts car