Bending the B14 Beam

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 06:33:16 -0500

Marc wrote:

>Steve did you take any pictures (before and after) or anything like >that?

No I did not but Nissan Performance Magazine has a excellent write up on the
process.  Straight from the
creator.http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/november01/westend.shtml

George Wrote:

>All I have to say is this is still the best group I'm associated with,
>probably followed reasonably closely by the Rennlist 944 List (but
>decidedly not the forum).  List group is intelligent, focused, >innovative
>(though some have claimed otherwise), informed, supportive, >and more.  I
>could go on.  I'm so grateful that Larry kept this list >going, even if it
>is mostly moderated now, and the traffic is no where >near what it used to
>be.  The quality is very high and people doing >stuff like Steve has done
>here just continues to impress me.

Very kind words.  Thanks, The hard part was getting the guts to do it.  My
car is my baby and I was very afraid of damaging it as it is my daily
driver.  As a result I was very careful.  The driving force was that I
really wanted my car to handle better.   Nissan set the beam up with 1/4
inch of toe in (using my home alignment tools).  That is just crazy.  The
car now feels alive when you going into a corner hard.  Truly a wonderful
feeling.  In the end we have people like Mike Kojima and Darren at Westend
Alignment for developing this process.  A couple people have asked if I
would show the process (including the jig).  I have decided out of respect
to the developers to not do this.  I did talk to Darren and he had no issues
with me doing this myself.  He realizes that no East Coast person is going
to drive(or ship a beam) to California to get a beam bent.