trunk key lock difficulty

davidpertuz@mindspring.com davidpertuz@mindspring.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:21:26 -0500

You mean you loosened and reassembled the bits at
the lock cylinder assembly? I had a mind to do this
and though the right place to start would be by
popping that c-clip off, but I couldn't get it off.
How and what did you reassemable? What you describe
sounds like it's likely the same as my problem.

david

************

Eventually, I just loosened and reassembled the lock
parts that are inside the top of the trunk. Sprayed a
little lithium grease in there, and tightened
everything down. I think, couldn't quite see all the
parts in there, the spring in there gets loose and
allows part of the locking mechanism to rotate around
too far. Thus, when you put your key in the lock,
you're not actually rotating enough or at all.
Afterwards, everything has worked fine... and it's
been 3 months.