trunk key lock difficulty

davidpertuz@mindspring.com davidpertuz@mindspring.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:06:34 -0500

One of the little things on my car-to-do list this
week is making my trunk key lock functional again.
It has been obstinate for a couple of years and
now doesn't work at all....I have to use the inside
release to open the trunk, and even that needs
adjustment.

I had saved a recent few messages on this in my
useful folder, and printed it out for reference.
Now, I have sprayed lots of WD40 into my lock
cylinder, to no apparent effect. No sludge coming
out. The lock itself is loose-feeling (10 years of
use), not sticky-solid, but it won't unlock. When
it worked sometimes, it would  not unlock, feeling
stuck against something, then suddenly pop free and
turn to unlock the lock. When I look at the
mechanism in the trunk, it seems that the rod assembly
 and the mechanism at the latch look OK - I think
that the problem is in the key cylinder area, but I
can't yet figure out what. It doesn't seem to be
slufgy. Anyone else had this problem? Auggestions?
Bueller?

thanks,
David