Fw: OE plat plug change interval?

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 20:17:40 -0500

On Sunday, April 20, 2003, at 11:31  AM, davidpertuz@mindspring.com
wrote:

> The FSM calls for a 60k change interval for platinum plugs, but
> clearly these plugs are not
> good for that long. What, in the collective experience of those of you
> use OE plugs and have
> noticed, is a more realistic change interval for theseplugs? From now
> on, I think I will just
> change them every 30k miles.

Hmmm, my orignial set lasted about 120K miles.  I had some crappy ones
in the middle of that first 120K miles that only lasted about 15K and I
was forced to put the original ones back in, I'd saved them for some
reason.  I've only got about 85K on the set I've got in now, so I'll
need to get back to you on that.

Your mileage may (and apparently does) vary.

;)