First time owner. [Was: (no subject)]

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:43:11 -0500

George Roffe wrote:

> 3) Eibach Prokits blow goats.  Too soft for the drop.

Can't reiterate that enough, I didn't listen, thought pro-kit's would be okay,
and did major suspension damage on rutted dirt roads.  Okay, okay, it
was an SCCA Pro Rally course that I shouldn't have been doing at my
street tires limits, but still, they SUCK!  They drop you considerably farther
than the advertised distance (1.4") and that makes your car handle worse
than it did with stock springs, at least on stockers, you don't bumpsteer, and
bottom out on every little pothole (I understate again, good sized potholes :P).

Basically, as quick as I could squeeze my wallet, I put GC's with their
caster/camber plates, and shigspeed rear mounts on the car.

I, and many other folks run KYB AGX adjustable shocks under the GC's,
Ground Control mentions in their application listings what shocks work with
their kits, stay away from Tokico blues, I've heard.

They can be had at $389 with free shipping, IIRC.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.