First time owner. [Was: (no subject)]

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:00:54 -0500

Ben Fenner wrote:

>Yes the suspension travel is little to nothing especially in the rear but
>you can get shortened struts with adjustable spring pirches, slap some
>Eibach or whatever springs in there and you're going to be pretty good for
>half the price. Am I missing something? Have I just described a coilover setup?

Sort of.  Technically speaking, our suspension set-ups are coilovers, but
not by conventional definition.  Now, to your points:

1) The only shortened dampers available are either coilover set-ups or from
Motivational.

2) Nobody makes adjustable spring perches for our cars other than coilovers.

3) Eibach Prokits blow goats.  Too soft for the drop.

Oh, I forgot to mention in my last message that if he decides to go
coilover sleeves such as Ground Control, he MUST change the dampers
(shocks/struts) or they will not be up to the challenge of the higher
spring rates.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
http://www.nissport.com