(no subject)

joey mystical@houston.rr.com
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 00:07:35 -0500

I recently purchased my 200sx se-r 95, and i'm having a great time
driving it! Theres not too many se-r enthusiasts here in houston, mainly
the typical honda crowd. When i purchased my car, i knew what i was
getting into: lack of support from local stores, jokes from my friends
who were all honda drivers. I don't know, but i guess i just wanted to
be different for a change.

        Now i know y'all are fairly experienced at modifying this type
of a vehicle, so i apologize if my questions seem immature/stupid.
Coming from a domestic car-driving family history, theres not too much i
know about getting the most out of my car. I have a fairly limited
budget, so i'm really worried that i'll be blowing my money on
unproductive items.

        I've read many articles on project cars, and it seems that i
don't know nearly enough to get my car on par with some of my obnoxious
friend's ;)  I was hoping that some of you could give me a few basic
pointers on getting started.

         * i don't have a huge cash flow to get all the bits and pieces
        in one go, so i was wondering what would be the best order of
        operation. i'll probably go by any of yall's advice

        * my plans for this car are modest right now-naturally
        aspirated, lowered, great stability around the curves, clean-
        but i was hoping to put together something that would be
        compatible with more expensive upgrades ( turboed and such)
        in the future.

So, basically, as you can tell, i don't have a clue on approaching this
at all, and i'm kinda nervous about it.

I'll take any kind of advice, and i'll interact with this list as much
as possible, with updates on my car.

Thanx for reading this ridiculously LONG post :)

Cheers,
Joey

        Okay, here
goes: