doing the clutch 92 g20

lrickert@covad.net lrickert@covad.net
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:22:56 -0500

I got transaxle fill plug out with a metric square drive tool for drain plugs
and an impact wrench. Neither the drain plug tool nor a 3/8th ratchet fits tight
enough to avoid damaging both the tool and plug. We wrecked a 3/8 breaker bar
trying to use leverage but with the right tool and an impact wrench it came out.
I now have a new plug with socket head type hole in it and will use anti-seize
this time do it shouldn't be a problem again.

We got the transmission hung back on the motor and now I get to put everything
back together again, since we ended up taking off a lot of parts in the upper
engine compartment to get room for straps for the shop hoist so it is going to
be fun.

Luke