Crankshaft Position Sensor

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:43:38 -0500

At 12:16 PM 4/14/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>... The sensor wiring should have 5 volts on it no matter what flywheel
>you have. Now I'm wondering if we shorted something out while changing the
>flywheel.

Maybe the sensor is bad - if it's shorted out to ground you might see
little or no voltage at the connector.  If you pull the connector off, do
you get the 5V?  Does the manual list a resistance measurement, or other
diagnostics for the sensor itself?  If you measure resistance between the
terminals and from the 5V terminal to ground, I would guess you'd see about
5 - 100 ohms between and zero to ground.

>I can't pass inspection in Portland OR either.

Uuhh.... remove the check engine light bulb? :)

    -Wayne Cox
        Twenty Three  -  Information Technology Consulting
         828-685-2338