Database for Tires

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 23:04:30 -0500

Well, everyone who mentioned that the tires couldn't be used on any of the 4
corners of the car.... you were right. Spent lots of time searching and
picking up different information, and it verified everything you said.

I guess I just wanted the problem to be something simple. Readjusted the lug
nuts to the proper torque levels, the sound/noise is still there. So, if
Wayne is right(he normally is), I've effed up my brake rotors by over
tightening the lug nuts... noise(soft/semiharsh grinding) is still there.

 Plus, the front end feels very active, almost squirrely. May be because the
fresher set is in front. Sometimes the car wants to drift/slight pull to the
right, recenter the car and it's fine. I don't want to say the car feels
loose because it responds very quickly and well to steering wheel input.

But, my wife(every family has a "money manager") has given me the green
light to get new wheels and tires... ok, I pleaded my case logically, when
that didn't work, I begged. Eventually, I think she just got tired of the
time I've spent looking for good deals. I've found a couple on Rotas and
S-03's, just waiting for verification. Found a really great price on just
the S-03's.

Still, before all that gets done, I've got to finish fixing the new problems
I've created. I believe I've found my raison d'jtre... make mountains out of
molehills... more of a challenge that way.

Later,
Mark
P.S. Sorry for the long post