SE-R stolen. . .

Joshua Gary ewraven@hotmail.com
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:08:37 -0500

"What value is a radio without the faceplate?"

I used to sell stereos at Best Buy in Orlando.  The thief can call the
manufacturer and order $$$ a new faceplate.  However, if you have
registered(for the warranty) the radio with the manufacturer and given them
your serial number; you can report it stolen to the manufacturer.  When the
thief calls them for a new faceplate; the manufacturer will either refuse to
sell it to them or "might" get there information and give it to the police.
I've never actually seen this process.  This is only what I was told a long
time ago.

If the thief doesn't call the manufacturer; I don't know what he could
possibly do with the radio.  That just shows how ignorant thieves are.

I'm glad you got your SE-R back. I bet that was a big relieve.

Joshua
98 Frontier
02 SE-R Spec V