SE-R stolen. . .

Brad Woodworth sr20de@kc.rr.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:50:14 -0500

At 03:08 PM 4/10/03 Thursday, you wrote:
>Etched glass stops thieves?  How so?

I know my local police dept. does this free of charge for city
residents.  Here's the theory behind it.  The officer has special paper
that he puts your VIN on.  He takes these pieces and sticks them on your
windows.  An acidic etching solution is applied and then the numbers are
permanently etched into the glass.  The theory is that the thieves will
have to break all of the glass on the car which isn't really feasable for
them to have to replace so they move on to another car that doesn't have
the etched glass.  Check with your local police department to see if they
offer this service.

Brad
'95 SE-R that's been VIN etched