P10 Transmission Options

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 23:31:36 -0500

Remember that P10 I've been "helping" with?  He's decided that he wants a
transmission as soon as the suspension is sorted out.  He has a non-LSD
core (RS5F32A not RS5F32V), and wants to gain some antislip device and
lose the 5gPO liability.

We've talked about using a B14/SE-R transmission, having it welded,
cryo'ed, and shotpeened.  This sounds like what he wants the most, even
though highway gearing would be less economical.

We've talked about using a P10/non-T transmission, doing the same, and
adding a Phantom Grip device.  This is much closer to his budget.  Side
note; would the NISMO LSD work with a RS5F32A transmission?

We've talked about doing the Kojima \berTranny, with the NISMO device, PAR
gearbox, and the Silvia input shaft.  Then we sobered up and realized that
such a transmission would cost more than several copies of his car.

Who else does transmissions like SR20Dev?  Does JWT do them?  JGY?  Bob's
Tranny in Boonville?  We're looking for suggestions on whom to contact
about doing the work once we secure a good core, be it a B14/SE-R or a
non-t P10.  It's going to be a few weeks, but he's quite serious,
especially since he does eventually want to add a turbo.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stew my foot and call me Susan!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |