reply: brake fluid

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 06:36:52 -0500

Actually, I only recall the wet on Synpower, which is 343F - I'm using it
right now,
I think the Ford was actually somewhat higher.  I'm actually scheming on the 4
bottles of
Motul 5.1 I have sitting in my 'garage' waiting to bleed through with when I
install all 4
soon to be rebuilt calipers, as soon as they show.

Funny thing is, I probably should have just splurged for the RBF600, but I
thought the
5.1 would hold up longer, before it got too wet, and needs to be bled/changed.

The 5.1 is sadly close to the Ford and synpower, at  522/365F dry/wet but
smokes anything
else you can find in the autoparts store.  I don't like the pedal feel with
synpower at all,
but that could be other things as well, like my autozone rear calipers are
just all screwed up :P
Synpower just feels terminally mushy, and I've bled and bled.  I'm hoping the
motul 5.1 is the
best street fluid compromise between longevity and pedal stiffness.

Get to start the rod bearing inspection tomorrow, allegedly, yay!

I think the shop'll let me run rampant while it waits, if so, I'm gonna try to
get my short shifter and
swaybars in, maybe :)  'Tis the season to sort out car mods, fala-la-la-la,
la-la, la-laaah