Bridgestone Tires: Narrowed it down to this brand

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 22:07:37 -0500

I was getting ready to rotate my tires and noticed that both the front and
back are starting to show some treadwear. They won't need to be replaced
immediately, but sooner rather than later.

Anyway, through the research I've done on the list and elsewhere(including
tirerack.com), the Potenza's seem to have a great reputation.

I'm going to upgrade from stock 185,60,14's to 205,50, 15's... I drive a '91
Classic by the way. I saw good reviews on the

Potenza RE730 Gen2- for $94 a tire, very good reviews in the dry and wet(I
live in Florida, no snow)

Potenza RE 750 - $98 a pop, same type of reviews.

Potenza S-03 Pole Position- $114(or $117) a pop, with more of the above for
reviews.

Any comments, experience or other feedback is appreciated. At some point, I
hope to Autox, but it mainly my around town zippy car. And, yes, I know I'll
have to upgrade the wheels to 15's. I've been spotting some 15 x 7's, white
and light, at some different tire/wheel sites.

Basically, I'm slowly upgrading the car but I don't upgrade until the
original part is ready to replace. This time it's the tires and wheels.

Thanks for your help and feedback,
Mark