Seat Mod

Josh Foster j_foster@charter.net
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 18:03:45 -0500

My driver's seat in my 92 SE-R was getting a little rough; the side bolster
was worn in the typical manner, and the bottom cushion was sagging a little.
Well, a couple weeks ago at the junkyard, I took apart some seats for the
heck of it; and it appeared that the cushions and backs were basically the
same between the drivers and passenger.  So I actually switched the backs
and cushions today in my car.

You have to take the seat rails off of the bottom, but the backs just have 4
bolts holding them to the frame rails.  It took about 2 hours, but now my
drivers seat feels like it is brand new.  This works on the B13 seats, so I
don't have any idea about the B14, and most B15's are probably still in
better shape.  The cushions aren't exactly the same, but I think you would
be hard pressed to tell them apart.  If anyone wants anymore info, I can do
a slightly more in-depth how-to, but overall it is pretty easy.

Josh in IL
92 SE-R w/ newer feeling driver's seat.