busted stuff

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 15:48:07 -0600

Well, it looks like my SE-R may be joining the long line of retired
Classics... all due to a minor fender bender this morning. I was on the way
to work, same route as the last 5 years and rear ended an old lady. Just a
split second distraction and then all of sudden everyone was stopped in
front of me. Only going about 30- 35mph. Hadn't even shifted to 4th yet and
then BAM!

I steered to miss but not enough room and gravel on the road made me skid
into the right rear bumper and cracked up the left front of the my car.
Busted the headlight (no more water in there now), bent the bumper and
radiator support, hood and leading edge of the left fender. The one time I
wish I did have ABS.

Got the car looked at during lunch.... $1749 to fix... minus my $1000
deductible... and then the repair guy said the car was coming up flagged.
NADA put the car at around $3000. told me that is likely USAA will want to
total the car... I hope not. I want to keep if only as a daily driver...

This f'n sucks

Brian Cembor
1992 SE-R... for now...