HELP- need some tranny parts

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 21:22:13 -0600

Sup guys, I am in dire need of some parts for a 92 SE-R that my friend bought
like a month ago with 5th gear pop out. I ordered up some parts for it from
Nissan- was like 280 bux for all of it, new seals and all the shift forks....
but I got a problem. I took the tranny out of the car today cause I got the
parts last nite... did the 5th gear in like 10 min literally... but the car
had a problem going into 1st gear lately and it would NOT come out of 1st at
all, or wouldn't go into 1st at all... sometimes it would and it would not
come out. That is why I got all the shift forks for it. I need the sleeve that
goes up and down and engages the gears- 1st and 2nd gear. Its all chewed up
after 130K miles. I went to my old work- Nissan, and they told me that there
are updated parts for this thing and I need to get them all- its like 450 bux
for everything !! I do not need the input shaft or no other gears or syncros.
I just need that damn sleeve that goes up and down ! Does anyone have one ? I
know someone has to have a destroyed tranny laying around that they could make
a few extra buck on from selling some good parts off it ! PLEASE let me know,
its for my friends car- its been sitting at my work for a week- now with no
tranny in it- outside, and the tranny is all in pieces on my work bench. I
will pay for express or even overnite shipping. Call me up on the cell
847-331-8174 if U have something like that.
Mike Jez
4 SE-Rs sitting at work awaiting some engine/tranny/suspension work :)