FSTB

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:38:15 -0600

Darth Roffe wrote:

Wouldn't be terribly streetable, but I've never really understood the whole
prepping a car for autocross thing anyway.  To me it's always been meant to
be a fun run whatcha brung type of competition, but I know there are folks
out there that do it pretty seriously.  I'd say if I wanted to do it really
seriously, I'd have a second set of dampers/springs to change in at an
autocross and perhaps even the rear bar.  A good autocross set-up would be
majorly twitchy at best on the street and downright dangerous at worst.

I write:

Traditionally, as I understand it, Solo2 was anything but run whatcha brung.
Nowadays running stock class at a National Level is big $$. The you get into
the Prepared classes.. even more $$. Running DSP is more likely what you're
suggesting... something I can fully prep for autox and trailer to and from.
However I am in STS.. the most Run Whatcha Brung class there is. My little
Sentra is a daily driver and my autox car. My goal is to have as well a
handling car as I can and still be a 40mi/day commuter. All this discussion
has been fantastic and given me many areas to focus on, both in setup and
skill as a driver.
As far as stickier tires, I can't do much better than Azenis for my class
Brian Cembor
8STS
92 SE-R daily driven, driven hard