hoods

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:25:49 -0600

At 08:42 AM 4/1/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Also I'm wondering if there is any company that makes a fiberglass hood
>for the same car (I can't afford the carbon fiber one)

I don't think there's much weight to be saved, and a 'glass or C.F. one
would almost certainly be more expensive than an OEM hood (~ $270 last I
checked, IIRC)

Anyone ever weighed a stock hood?  I took my crunched one off preparing to
pull the engine, and it was remarkably light -- probably 25 lbs?

You can get after-market metal hoods for about $70, if you want a cheap fix.

    -Wayne  91 NK2k,  93 NX2k,  92 SE-R-Parts-Car