Ground control caster/camber plates.

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 12:49:46 -0600

Peter Serwe wrote:
>> I guess I'm going to need rear adjustable
parallel links to get my rear camber set up.  <<

I don't think that those are going to show up any time soon... :-)
A possibly viable alternative would be to change how the rear hub mounts
onto the strut.  It would require welding in a piece of sheet steel inside
the original lower hole on the strut ear in order to completely close it.
Then, drill a new hole slightly offset to the outside of the original
location to give additional negative camber.   This would be akin to the
holes used for "crash" style camber bolts, but without the danger of them
slipping (as long as the welds are halfway decent.)
The main concern would be that if the tire is already close to rubbing on
the strut, this will tighten that clearance a bit and may cause contact if
done to an extreme.

Tim
-Thinkin', thinkin', thinkin'....