Long gears for turbo cars

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:09:12 -0600

At 10:04 AM 3/12/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>I am considering using 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears from a G20 gearbox in my
>200SX tranny.  These G20 gears are longer than the 200SX gears.  I know
>the longer 5th gear will give better cruising gas mileage and make

1st through 4th gears are all integral to to input shaft (or maybe it's the
mid-shaft), so you can't mix & match them between trannies.

I believe 5th and the final drive gears can be swapped, but I'm not sure it
can be done, or if the ratios are different / desirable.

    -Wayne  91 NK2k,  93 NX2k,  92 SE-R-Parts-Car